Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yes

"I've waited my whole life for you. Will you marry me?"

These were the words Jonathan said to me as he knelt on one knee, on the edge of a cliff in La Jolla. Those words burned into my heart forever. Although the waves were loud as they crashed the rocks, they couldn't drown out the intense beating of my heart. I knew my "yes" had the power to change me forever and it did.

November 14, 1998. I stood on the edge of the ocean with the man I loved, and started a life of living out my "yes". It wasn't just my name that changed, it was my heart and my destiny. My life was engulfed with fresh vision, new hope and true love. When we rode away from the Hotel Del Coronado and all our friends and family, Jon shared some things with me I'll never forget and are too private to share. Then he asked me one simple question "Are you ready for this?" and I only answered "Yes."

My life today is different than I had dreamed of. Because of God's faithfulness I still have vision, I still have hope and I still have love.
Today, I have memories of that day and I share them alone, and no matter how hard it is or how lonely I may feel, I'm still living out my "yes".


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Simply beautiful.