Thursday, January 26, 2012

RSVP

I jolted awake @ 4:27am. I was stunned for a moment between that space of "Is it worth going back to sleep?" & "I could still get 30min" & although I opted for the 30min I couldn't stop my mind from racing. Everything ran through my head: what my kids needed for school, memories of Jon, my to do list for the day. Then in the middle of all this I felt the arresting of the Holy Spirit.

You may or may not know what I'm referring to. For me, it's that flip in my stomach turned weight on my chest. I prayed and asked God what it was but I already knew the answer, it was the "Come away" call. The invitation to step into a place where I'm enveloped by my creator, His peace washes over me & I feel the overwhelming power of His love. I have to admit there have been times I ignored this invitation, been in too much of a hurry,had too much to do. Each time I regretted it. So on this morning, I accepted the invite. What I found stayed with me all day:

•I found out my God had me in mind when He asked the sun to rise this morning.
•I found He had purpose planned for my day
•I found out what/who His heart was beating for
•I found He had reserved this day for me
My hope for you today, is that when the invitation comes you will resist the urge to sleep 5 more minutes, or get some chores done, or turn on the TV and that you will seize the moment to step into the arms of an almighty King. In those arms you will find peace, comfort, strength & you will know your part in what/who His heart is beating for.
Go ahead just RSVP.

3 comments:

Ember's Corner said...

Wow...that was a much needed wake up call. I know, all to often, I just let the machine pick up when that call comes in. Thank you for the reminder.

Melinda said...

A beautiful start to the day. Thank you for being you. Love ya bunches.

Ernie Garcia said...

I totally had that feeling not too long ago, but ignored it. Won't make that mistake again.